Essentia USB Cable
We are proud to announce the newest member of our USB cable lineup, the “Essentia”: it is designed to fit into the lineup nicely between the Axis and Nucleus v2, offering a “taste” of the Nucleus v2, while remaining affordably priced at under $1000 for up to a 3FT length.
- In order to set a new standard of performance and improve on the remarkable Axis USB cable, this design is utilizing my newest custom manufactured CFDCT-UP-OCC-SPCu wire. This mono-crystal silver plated copper wire is drawn by a manufacturer that I have hand selected and have worked with closely with for years to ensure the wire is drawn, tempered, plated, and insulated exactly to my specifications. In addition, an integral part of the manufacturing process, and exclusive to Locus Design/CryoParts, is our world renowned CryoFreeze™ process. This new wire is a milestone.
- As with all Locus Design USB cables, close attention is paid to mitigating mechanical noise and triboelectric effects. The core of the Essentia USB is a special dual braid of ultra pure CFDCT-UP-OCC-SPCu conductors; this precise, reproducible, and expensive computer controlled braid is proprietary and only available from Locus Design. This remarkable geometry is designed to mitigate degradation and interference with/to/of the data and VDC lines of the USB signal.
- Fs with all Locus Design USB cables, careful attention is also paid to shielding; the shielding is comprised of a silver plated copper weave, strategic use of ERS fabric, and other materials. This shielding and damping is designed to isolate the data and VDC lines from any external influence, be it mechanical or electrical.
- Most USB cables are shielded (if they are not, they SHOULD be), however it is very rare indeed to find a USB cable that isolates the data lines from the voltage lines. We pioneered our novel approach of isolating the +/- data lines from the +/- VDC lines with the Axis USB cable over five years ago.
- Fully pre-conditioned via our custom CryoFreeze™ process, which includes deep cryogenic treatment, and “cooking” via our custom adapters to allow use on the latest version of the Audiodharma cable cooker.
$999 for lengths up to 3FT. $260/ft thereafter.